For us, it’s about having the tools that are intuitive and easy for our team to work efficiently. The customer success team at BrightGen are my favourite people to work with. They listen to problems and help us get the most out of Salesforce.Lawrie Neal, Lead Salesforce Administrator, National Express
Rated the UK’s leading coach company, National Express operates high-frequency scheduled coach services from over 550 destinations across the country. It also delivers coach travel to major airports, festivals and events and is the official transport provider for Wembley Stadium.
In 2019, National Express started a partnership with BrightGen to implement Salesforce Service and Marketing Clouds to help transform the customer experience. As part of their Service Management contract with BrightGen, National Express embarked on a number of projects to digitalise business processes with Salesforce. One of these included digitising the process of creating and distributing staff travel passes, associating them with voucher codes.
- For staff to get the coach pass they were entitled to, they had to complete a printed form and post it to head office, along with a photo
- Head office would process the forms, create paper travel passes and issue to a member of staff by post
- Having paper forms made GDPR and security auditing harder to comply with
- Postage costs between head office and staff, along with paper and printing costs, were significant
- The service was slow and manual, costing valuable staff time and reducing productivity
- Automated case creation in Service Cloud
- Staff travel pass record management in Service Cloud
- Integrated voucher code system
- Building the digital pass generation system in Service Cloud
- Generated passes can then be automatically generated and issued to staff members via email
- Reduced the time it takes for a member of staff to obtain a pass from 35 days down to 5 days
- Reduced the time it takes for a member of the National Express admin team to create a staff pass from 30 minutes down to 2 minutes
- Simplified the process to enable more people to create a staff pass, e.g. line managers
- Freed-up time for contact centre admin team to focus on responding to customer enquiries
Next: Read on to find out how BrightGen helped Tarmac migrate to Salesforce Sales Cloud.